Words Of Wisdom

"Life is like playing a violin in public and learning the instrument as one goes on." ~ Samuel Butler ~

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

ATTITUDE

The 92-year-old, petite, well-poised and proud lady, who is fully dressed each morning by eight o'clock, with her hair fashionably coifed and
> >makeup perfectly applied, even though she is legally blind, moved to a
> >nursing home today.
> >Her husband of 70 years recently passed away, making the move necessary.
> >After many hours of waiting patiently in the lobby of the nursing home,
> >she smiled sweetly when told her room was ready.
> >As she maneuvered her walker to the elevator,
> >I provided a visual description of her tiny room, including the eyelet
> >sheets that had been hung on her window.
> >"I love it," she stated with the enthusiasm of an eight-year-old having
> >just been presented with a new puppy.
> >"Mrs. Jones, you haven't seen the room .... just wait."
> >"That doesn't have anything to do with it," she replied.
> >"Happiness is something you decide on ahead of time. Whether I like my
> >room or not doesn't depend on how the furniture is arranged...
> >it's how I arrange my mind. I already decided to love it ... "It's a
> >decision I make every morning when I wake up.
> >I have a choice; I can spend the day in bed
> >recounting the difficulty I have with the parts of my body that no longer
> >work, or get out of bed and be thankful for the ones that do.
> >Each day is a gift, and as long as my eyes open I'll focus on the new day
> >and all the happy memories I've stored away just for this time in my
> >life.
> >Old age is like a bank account ...
> >you withdraw from what you've put in ..
> >So, my advice to you would be to deposit a lot of happiness in the bank
> >account of memories
> >Thank you for your part in filling my Memory bank. I am still depositing.
> >
> >Remember the five simple rules to be happy:
> >
> >1. Free your heart from hatred.
> >2. Free your mind from worries.
> >3. Live simply.
> >4. Give more.
> >5. Expect less.
> >
> >FAMILY
> >
> >Are you aware that if we died tomorrow, the
> >company that we are working for could easily
> >replace us in a matter of days. But the family we left behind will feel
> >the loss for the rest of their lives. And come to think of it, we pour
> >ourselves more into work than into our own family, an unwise
> >investment indeed, don't you think?
> >
> >So what is behind the story?
> >
> >Do you know what the word FAMILY means?
> >FAMILY = (F)ATHER (A)ND (M)OTHER (I) (L)OVE (Y)OU
> >

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home